In this guide check out how you can update HTC Incredible S Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware via Cyanogen Mod 11.
HTC Incredible S smartphones owners will be happy to hear that Android 4.4 Kitkat has been ported to their handset doesn’t matter whether its official or custom firmware. While there is no word on HTC when it comes to official update, custom firmwares are the best options.Pre Upgrade Requirement: Before updating, you should have Incredible S with root access and also CyanogenMod 11 installed on it. Furthermore enable USB debugging on your device and ensure minimum battery life of 50 % on the device.
HTC Incredible S Android 4.4 Kitkat Update
- Copy the downloaded files to internal/external memory storage of your device.
- Once this is done turn off your phone completely as you need to boot in Recovery mode.
- Use the Volume Down + Power Keys to enter your device in Recovery mode.
- From Recovery Mode Menu select “Format the data/Wipe Data” and clean “Cache Partition”.
- Now select “install zip from SD card” and then choose Zip from SD card.
- Once this is done repeat the process for GApps package.
- Now to Recovery menu and select Reboot System now.
So with that you have updated your Incredible S phone by HTC with latest Android 4.4 Kit kat firmware. Check it by going through Settings > About Phone.