Root access on the device gives you permission to tweak your device in several ways like installing custom packages, flashing custom recovery, installing modified applications that requires root permission to run.
All this are possible only if you have root access on your device. In this guide we will help you with how to Enable root on your HTC One A9 phone. But make sure that you are aware that you will void the device warranty once you root your device. Rooting might also cause system malfunction if one is not aware of how to use the feature.
So, if you are ready to enable root on your HTC One A9 phone then here are some simple steps you need to follow.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for HTC One A9 phone, it is not advisable to try on other device.
- Charge the device battery to 100%.
- Back up necessary data to an external source.
- Make Nandroid back up of the ROM to restore it if something goes wrong.
- Install device USB drivers on your PC.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot drivers on the computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Boot image that matches your device build number
Procedure to Enable Root on HTC One A9
- Download the required file from the above links and store them in fastboot folder on your PC.
- Open command prompt window in fastboot folder. Hold Shift key and right-click mouse button, then select Open command window here.
- To make sure that the device is connected to PC properly issue the command
- Now unlock the phone bootloader according to steps given in official website htcdev.com.
- Now, reboot the device in Download mode, or give the command
adb reboot download
- Extract the boot image file and rename it (.img file) as recovery.img and give the command
fastboot falsh boot recovery.img
- Now boot the device into Bootloader mode, give the command
- Factory reset your device, you must do this as the custom boot image disables encryption for the time being.
- Download a custom recovery of your choice and flash it.
- To flash the recovery give command
fastboot flash recovery (recovery file name)
- Mount the data partition if not done already in recovery mode (mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p62 /data).
- Extract the SU.zip file and give the command
adb push su.img/data/su.img
- Now, reboot the device.
- Install the Superuser apk file on your device normally.
- Done, download the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root access.
Thank you for reading the article.