HTC One M9 Marshmallow update through custom ROM is here. This is Nightly build CM13 of the CyanogenMod. This ROM is for the HTC One M9 0PJA130 model number only.
The user of this device can get their device updated to Android Marshmallow by flashing this custom ROM on their device. You need to have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM installed on your device to flash this ROM.
This is a Nightly build of the ROM which will be highly stable but it will not be enough stable to use for daily basis as the ROM is still in development stage. But we can say that the future release builds of this ROM will be much stable enough for daily run.
Make sure your device has Root access and TWRP recovery installed on it. Let’s go ahead and check out the procedure for flashing the ROM on your HTC One M9 0PJA130.
Preparing your Phone
- Below mentioned instructions are strictly for HTC One M9 0PJA130 phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Charge your device battery to 100%.
- Install HTC One M9 USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the important data to a safe storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it if ROM is not stable enough for you.
- Device should have root access and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Install any custom recovery compatible with the device like TWRP or CWM.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install CyanogenMod’s CM13 Nightly build Android Marshmallow ROM
- Download Android Marshmallow based CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly build from here.
- Download Open Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to PC and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode to do so press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- In recovery mode tap on Wipe tab.
- Select the options you want to wipe and then swipe the Swipe to Wipe button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Navigate to ROM file stored on your device and select the file.
- To flash the file swipe the button that says Swipe to flash.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device step 8-10.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot tab, system will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.
Thank you for reading the article.