In the first week of April 2016, Huawei Technologies officially unveiled the most powerful camera centric Huawei P9 and P9 Plus smartphones through an event in London and just after one day the leaks of upcoming Huawei P9 Lite came up. Yups! that device is coming and alongside with that there is also Huawei Honor 5C an entry level friendly smartphone.
The Honor 5C is an affordable version of Honor 5X smartphone. We have the leaked source pointing out that the device will be coming out with a new design and upgraded Kirin chipset. Honor 5X runs on Kirin 620 and so the Honor 5C will be powered with Kirin 650.
Huawei Honor 5C Features
In terms of specifications, the Honor 5C is nothing less than an budget smartphone. It packs 5.2 inch full HD display with 2 Gigs of RAM. It has hefty 3000 mAh battery and includes 13 mega pixel rear facing snapper just above fingerprint sensor.
Price, Availability Info
The Honor 5C is available in Silver, Black and Gold color variants and when launched in China the device was priced at 899 Yuan [139 USD], so similar pricing is expected in India and Europe wide.
Honor 5C Price in Europe – €199
Honor 5C Price in UK – £149
Huawei Honor 5C Specifications
The complete specifications of the device are mentioned below –
- PrimaryCamera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.13 mega pixel camera, f/2.0 aperture
- VideoYes, 1080p@30fps, 720p@30fps
- Camera FeaturesGeo-tagging, Touch Focus, Face Detection, Digital Zoom, Panorama, HDR
- FlashFlash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)LED flash
- SecondaryYes, 16 Mega pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 78.1-degree wide-angle lens
- Operating SystemOS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow
- User InterfaceUI or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.EMUI 4.1
- Java SupportJava for Mobile Devices is a set of technologies that let developers deliver applications and services to all types of mobile handsets, ranging from price efficient feature-phones to the latest smartphones. Java is currently running on over 3 billion phones worldwide, and growing. It offers unrivaled potential for the distribution and monetization of mobile applications.Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- YoutubeYoutube is a popular free video-sharing website, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, Millions of users around the world have created accounts on the site that allow them to upload videos that anyone can watch.
- FacebookFacebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site is available in 37 different languages.
- ChipsetChipset.HUAWEI HiSilicon Kirin 650
- CPUCPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors.64 bit Octa Core Processor
- GPUGPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.Mali T830
- RAM (Memory)RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.2 GB
- Internal StorageInternal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.16 GB
- Card SlotMemory Card SlotYes, microSD, up to 256 GB
- SensorsSensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Fingerprint sensor, Compass, Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- BluetoothBluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.Yes, v4.1 with A2DP, LE
- InfraredInfrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fiWi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- USBv2.0, USB Host, USB On-the-go, USB Type-C
- GPSGPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes, with A-GPS support and S-GPS, GLONASS
- NFCNFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- HDMIHDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
- GPRSGPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM), Generally, GPRS is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- EDGEEDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks, Generally, EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- Speed4G LTE, HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 21 Mbps; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL/ EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps
- Web BrowserWeb Browser => a web browser is a software application used to locate, retrieve and display content on the World Wide Web, including Web pages, images, video and other files, The primary function of a web browser is to render HTML, the code used to design or markup webpages.Yes, HTML5
- SMSSMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.Yes (threaded view)
- MMSMMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- EmailEmail (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.Yes
- IMIM (Instant Messaging) is an exchange of text messages through a software application, it enable you to create a kind of private chat room with another individual in order to communicate in real time over the Internet.Yes
- Battery TypeBattery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- CapacityBattery Capacity3000 mAh
- StandbyStandby Time is the total amount of time that you can leave your is fully charged, turned on and ready to send and receive calls or data transmissions before completely discharging the battery.-
- Talk TimeTalk Time is the longest time that a single battery charge will last when you are constantly talking on the phone under perfect conditions, Ambient temperature and highly dependent on the cellular network environment such as the distance to the closest cell network tower.-
- Music Play-