Latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow is ow available for the new Nexus device 6P. Huawei Nexus 6P H1511 and H1512 can be updated to Android Marshmallow via CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM. As we know that official Android Marshmallow is available for this nexus device but there are many features in Android which you can access only if root access and more over once you flash the custom ROM then you can get access to extra custom features including the one that comes in official version.
So, if you own a Huawei Nexus 6P from the above said models then you must try out this custom ROM on your device at least for the purpose of experience. But if you are looking to flash this custom ROM then it is mandatory that you must have root access on your device and also have a custom recovery installed on your device.
Now let as go ahead and have a look at procedure and before that we must make some preparations to the phone.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for Huawei Nexus 6P H1511 and H1512 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install Nexus 6P USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update Galaxy Nexus 6P to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM for Huawei Nexus 6P H1511 and H1512 from here.
- Download the Google App’s from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device.
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.