The Micromax Canvas HD Phone is now available for purchase and surprisingly it’s the cheapest quad core phone available in India. With cheapest, it’s also among the top 5 most sold quad core phone leaving behind others in competitions. With Android operating system being open source, you can modify admin files, try out different custom ROMs and have a phone which is according to your needs. All this are possible once you achieve root access to your phone. If you have installed custom firmware earlier with any devices, this would be easy work for you.
But for those who have purchase Micromax A116 as their first Android phone, you would be worried of bricking it. But we ensure that the procedure mentioned is step by step and easily understood by anyone no matter how mature you are on the Android ecology. Here in this guide we have mentioned on how you can installed the ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Micromax A116 and the important advantage of using CWM on your phone is to easily root your phone, install custom firmwares.
For those who flashes their phone often, this procedure is must for them as it would make their work easy. Follow the procedure here to install CWM on your device.
Pre Upgrade Requirements
Before actually updating your device you need to make sure of the following things on your phone & PC as well -
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone. You can do this by going through Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then selecting the USB Debugging.
- Also ensure that you have you have charged your phone up to 100 % and then proceed with CWM Recovery installation.
- While taking a backup of you Canvas HD phone is not so important, as we will be doing it once we go through ClockWorkMod Recovery.
Micromax A116 Canvas HD USB Drivers
In this process you will need to connect your phone to the computer and therefore make sure that your phone connection with the PC is OK. If not you download & install the Micromax USB drivers for your PC.
CWM Recovery on Micromax A116 - Installation Guide
We herein have mentioned the step by step procedure to install the ClockWork Mod Recovery your Micromax A116 Canvas HD phone -
- Install the Micromax A116 USB Drivers on your PC first. This is required to connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Download the Stock ROM the file name would be S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0/16_flasher_user.rar. The total size of this file is 337 MB.
- You need to Extract the Stock ROM file and you will get two namely DataBase and the S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0/16_flasher_user folder. Go inside the second S9201_.... folder.
- Open the S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0/16_flasher_user folder.
- Now delete the file name as Recovery.
- Now you need to download the CWM Recovery (recovery.img file).
- Now cut the recovery.img and replace it with the folder where in you have deleted the recovery file in the last step.
- Now download the SP Flash Tool and run it on your PC.
- Under the Scatter-Loading File option, click on Scatter Loading and navigate to the file S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0/16_flasher_user folder, select the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.
- Now under the Smart Phone Flash Tool you will find all different files, you need to only select RECOVERY and unselect all.
- Now you should ensure that you have select USB Mode and DA Download All from the Options in Menu bar of the Smart Phone Flash Tool. Also ensure that under Da Download All > Speed > Force to High Speed.
- Now hit Download button from the tool.
- It will prompt you with a warning. Say Yes.
- Now that would be looking for your phone. It’s time to bring your Canvas HD phone into action.
- Now switch off your Micromax A116 phone and the remove the battery as well.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable. A Yellow bar will show the percentage bar how much it’s done.
- Now you will see the OK message on your tool.
- Now unplug your phone from the PC.
With that we have installed the ClockWorkMod Recovery on your Canvas HD phone. Once this is done, you can now proceed with the process to root Micromax A116 smartphone.