Hey friends today in this tutorial we will help you with step by step procedure on how to Root and Install CWM recovery on your very own Gionee Elife S Plus. CWM recovery also known as ClockWorkMod is a custom recovery which does not comes installed on your device when you purchase it.
Manufacturer does not permit the installation of any such custom files on the device. So, to install this CWM recovery on your Gionee Elife S Plus you first need to unlock the device bootloader.
After you have installed or flashed CWM on your device then you can carry on with the further procedure which helps you with getting your device rooted. But keep in mind that once your device is rooted with CWM installed on it you lose your device warranty the very next second the device is rooted.
Let now have a look at the procedure.
Preparing your device
- This instructions are strictly for Gionee Elife S PLus, trying it on other devices or models might brick them.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage and also make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM.
- Install Gionee Elife S Plus USB drivers and also install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Device bootloader must be unlocked and also have CWM custom recovery installed on your device.
- Enable Allow OEM unlock under developer options. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Allow OEM Unlock
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device to do so go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode.
Install CWM custom recovery on Gionee Elife S Plus
- Download the SP-Flash Tool from the link given.
- Download the CWM recovery file with Scatter File from here.
- Extract SP- Flashtool file on your PC desktop where you can locate it easily.
- Similarly extract CWM recovery.img and MT6753_Android_Scatter.txt from the downloaded CWM recovry file in step 2.
- Extract all the files on desktop so that you can easily locate it.
- Open SP-Flash tool folder and launch Flash tool.exe.
- Select the MT6753_Android_Scatter.txt file extracted on desktop.
- Now, click on Download and Connect your device to computer using working USB cable (Press and Hold Volume Up or Down key while connecting).
- The device will be detected automatically by the Flash tool.
- Flashing process begins automatically and once the process is completed a green button will be shown on the screen.
- CWM recovery is now installed on your Gionee Elife S Plus.
Procedure to Root Gionee Elife S Plus
- Download the SuperSU package from here.
- Now, switch off your device and reboot to recovery mode (press and hold Volume Down button + press Power button).
- From CWM Recovery, Go To Install Zip from sdCard, and then select the SuperSU Zip file and flash the SuperSu root file.
- Once Flashing is completed, reboot your device.
- Now you should have a Rooted Gionee Elife S Plus.
- To verify the root status install Root Checker, you can get the app from the Google Play Store.