As we know that not all the Android mobile have got their Lollipop update among them is the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy Note 4. Its one which is not so old flagship model of the company, but it did not get its Android 5.x Lollipop update so far. There is nothing to worry as Android 5.0.1 Lollipop based custom ROM released by the famous Android developer community named Vision X N4.
This ROM has the features of the Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, like fast performance with reduced lag, long battery life and many other such features which will make you install this Custom ROM.
So, if do not like to wait for the official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware then please check out this new custom Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for your T-Mobile variant of Galaxy Note 4. Follow this simple steps and experience the new Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your T-Mobile Note 4.
Preparing your Phone:
- This instructions are only for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4.
- Device should be rooted and its boot loader should be unlocked.
- CWM or TWRP like recovery tool should be installed on the device.
- Device should be fully charged.
- Backup the important data on device.
- Proper USB drivers for the phone must be installed on the computer.
- USB debugging mode must be Enabled on the device. To do this go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Updating T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4:
Steps to be followed for updating your device.
- Download the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop based Vision X N4 file on your computer from here.
- Download SuperSu file for Note 4 from here.
- Connect your device to computer and transfer the files to external storage of the device.
- Switch off and reboot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys simultaneously, as the Samsung logo appears release the power button only.
- Now perform backup of data in recovery mode by selecting Backup option in recovery mode
- Now perform Wipe data/factory reset, Wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache wipe.
- Return to main menu and select Install option and flash Vision X N4 and SuperSu files one after other.
- That’s it now return to recovery menu and reboot the system by selecting Reboot System Now option.
Note: This instructions are for TWRP recovery tool and it will be similar for CWM also.
Use volume keys navigate and home button to select an option in Recovery mode
First boot may take about 5 minute to complete and then your device will be running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop, you can check the status in Settings > About phone.