The best tool for customization needs, TWRP custom recovery is now available for LG Watch Urbane. With TWRP custom recovery installed on your device you can just tweak your device as you like it. You can install mods and other custom package. You can root your device.
To get this custom recovery on your device, all you need to do is flash the .img file via fastboot command. You can grab the TWRP 3.0.0 from the link provided in the description below. Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked to flash the custom recovery.
Preparing your device
- These instructions are restricted to LG Watch Urbane. Do not attempt to try it on any other devices.
- Charge the device to 100% battery level.
- Install USB drivers for the device on your PC.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Backup all required data and also make a Nandroid backup of current ROM.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap build number for seven times > Settings > USB debugging mode > Enable it.
Install TWRP recovery on LG Watch Urbane
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 image file from here.
- Go to the folder where TWRP image file on your PC.
- Launch a command window in the TWRP folder. To do so Hold Shift and Right-Click mouse button, then select Open Command window here.
- Connect your device to PC using the original USB cable.
- Type the following command in the command window opened in step 3.
adb reboot bootloader
- Allow USB debugging if prompted for permission.
- Once the device is booted into bootloader mode issue the following command to flash the TWRP image file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Change the “twrp.img” in the command to name of your TWRP image file or rename the file to twrp.img and issue the same in the command.
- Once the flashing is completed issue the following command to reboot the device back to normal mode.
So that’s it.