After iOS 8.4 update which was released coming out with Apple Music, Cupertino tech company rolls out 8.4.1 update available to supported iPhone, iPods and iPad models. This happens to be minor update before iOS 9 rolls out on September 9 along with iPhone 6S and 6S Plus phone.
The new iOS 8.4.1 update has just one function – that is to fix bugs relating to Apple Music and official changelog makes is pretty clear. The update as soon at our end costs 40.3 MB, may differ depending upon your device.
iOS 8.4.1 Changelog
The official changelog –
- Resolves issues relating to iCloud Music Library.
- Resolves issues that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only.
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from.
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices.
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect.
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beasts 1.
How to Update
Follow the process mentioned below –
- From your phone head to Settings >
- Click on Download and Install.
- When download completes, you just need to click on Install.
- Your phone will be rebooted automatically leading to iOS 8.4.1 on your iPhone, iPad, iPod.[Please make sure that since this is a new update, it can take a while for your device to boot up].
- Be patient as process can take up to 5 minutes.
This iOS 8.4.1 update is available for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S, iPad Air [both WiFi, Cellular], iPad Mini 3[WiFi, Cellular, China Model], iPad Air, iPad Mini 2 [WiFi, Cellular, CDMA], iPad 4 [WiFi, Cellular, CDMA], iPad Mini [WiFi, Cellular, CDMA], iPad 3 [WiFi, Cellular, CDMA], iPad 2[WiFi, Cellular, CDMA & Rev A Model], iPod Touch 5th Gen and iPod Touch 6th Gen.