Treat for Lenovo Zuk Z1 users as they are about to get the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for their device. This update is CyanogenMod’s Nightly release by name CM13 Nightly ROM. It is a custom ROM developed by the developers at CyanogenMod.
This update can be downloaded at CyanogenMod official website and then follow the steps mentioned below to flash it on your Zuk Z1 device. This ROM has brought in with features like visually tweaked UI experience with updated Theme engine which gives the users a perfect taste of the latest Android Marshmallow.
So, now let us move forward and learn about how you can flash this ROM on your device. Make sure as this is a custom ROM it might have some bugs. So, it is advisable that you back up your data and make Nandroid back up of current ROM.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Lenovo Zuk Z1 mobile phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Zuk Z1 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly ROM
- Download the CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly build from here.
- Flash this firmware before you flash Cm13 to avoid Odd reception and sensor issues.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Download TWRP custom recovery and install it if not done already.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 9-11).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.