LG G3 Beat D722 has now got the new CM13 Custom ROM from CyanogenMod to update the device to Android Marshmallow. This custom ROM has all the features of the original Android Marshmallow update. Manufacturer is yet to release its Android 6.0 Marshmallow update plans for this device. so you can expect some delay on Marshmallow update to be available.
If you are anxious of Updating your LG G3 Beat D722 to Android Marshmallow, then here is an unofficial way of doing that.The CM13 ROM is unofficial but it has all the features of Android Marshmallow official update.This CM13 ROM has some bugs which may cause some of the Marshmallow features to not work properly. But as new builds of this ROM are released it will become stable.
So, if you have root access on your device which is mandatory to flash custom files on the device and also have a custom recovery installed on your device then we can proceed towards the procedure to flash the ROM.
Preparing Your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for LG G3 Beat D722 mobile phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install LG G3 Beat USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery ignore if done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install CM13 custom ROM on LG G3 Beat
- Download the Android Marshmallow based CM13 ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage..
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options you want to wipe out.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab, locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 8-9).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot and the system will boo up in normal mode.
- That’s all you can check the device Android version after the device boot’s up in Settings > About device > Android version.