CyanogenMod’s latest CM13 Nightly build custom ROM is now available for LG manufactured G3 S D724. After updating your LG G3 S D724 to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow you will be rejoiced to see all the new Android Marshmallow features. This ROM is recently developed so it is currently in the initial stage so all the functions might not work up to the mark.
LG G3 S D724 Marshmallow Update
LG G3 S users can now download the ROM from the link given in the description and then flash the ROM on their LG G3 S D724 using custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
As this is a custom ROM you need to have rooted device with custom recovery installed already, if not you can not flash the ROM. As said at the beginning this ROM is in initial stage of development so it is not advisable that you flash the ROM for daily use. Also make sure that all your data is backed up and make a Nandroid back-up of the current ROM.
Let us now have a look at the procedure and flash the ROM on Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for LG G3 S D724 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update LG G3 S to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 7-9).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.