LG Nexus 5X H790, H791 now gets the unofficial custom ROM update for Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Android Enthusiasts who likes to play with their devices by flashing custom ROMs and other custom packages can get this Android Marshmallow custom ROM and experience the taste of the custom Android Marshmallow on your Nexus 5X.
So, if you are one among the users of the Nexus 5X device and want to have more features on your device other than official features then you must flash this ROM. But keep in mind the ROM is still in the development stage so it not advisable to flash this ROM on your device for daily run. It is just for knowing how Android Marshmallow works on your Nexus 5X.
Before you move on with the procedure you must root your device and install a custom recovery on it in order to flash the ROM on the device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are meant for LG Nexus 5X H790 and H791 only, do not try it on other devices.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install Nexus 5X USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device should be rooted and it's bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Download and Update Nexus 5X to Android Marshmallow
- Download the Android Marshmallow based CM13 custom ROM for LG Nexus 5X H790 and H791
- Download the Google App's from here.
- Transfer the files to device storage and turn it off.Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App's on your device (step 7-9).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
- That's all, device is now updated to the latest Android Marshmallow, you can check the Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.