As we know that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow is recently launched into the market but not all the device have got this update.
LG Optimus G user have not got the official update of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the device but there is nothing to worry as Android developers have brought a Custom ROM based Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the device. Users can install this custom ROM if they are willing to experience the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
To install this custom ROM you need to follow this simple steps mentioned below.
Preparing Your phone
- This information is only for the LG Optimus G.
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Backup all the important data to some external medium.
- USB drivers must be installed on the computer.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery tool like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- USB debugging must be enabled on the device.
Install Custom ROM based Android Marshmallow on LG Optimus G:
- Download the Custom ROM - Android 6.0 Marshmallow from here.
- Download the Gapps for LG Optimus G from here.
- Transfer both the downloaded files to the device internal storage.
- Switch off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key for few seconds.
- Wipe all the data present in device by selecting Wipe Data/Factory reset option in the recovery menu.
- Now select install option from the menu and navigate to Custom ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the screen after selecting the file to flash it.
- Now similarly flash the GApps file.
- Reboot the device by selecting Reboot option from the menu.
You device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, to check the status go to Settings > About device.