Android developers have definitely liked Samsung Galaxy phones. A lot of phones comes up, many get updated but still there are many without any software update. As Android version keeps of jumping, Samsung does its best to keep updated but many devices misses out the official update. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is bound to receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update but before you get that we thought why not give you a different taste today. Yes, the taste of Meizu’s FlymeOS which is very light and doesn’t include any bloatware apps.Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE model has now got the FlymeOS Custom ROM to update the device to Android Lollipop. This FlymeOS custom ROM has all the features of the original Android Lollipop update. Samsung has not released its Android Lollipop update plans, for the device. So, you can expect some delay on Lollipop update or it may not be available at all.
If you are anxious of Updating your Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android Lollipop, then here is an unofficial way of doing that.The FlymeOS custom ROM is unofficial but it has all the features of Android Marshmallow official update.This FlymeOS Custom ROM work well and it have no problems as of now.
Preparing your Phone:
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case the new version does not work properly you can restore it.
- Custom recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install FlymeOS based Custom ROM:
- Download the Android Lollipop based Custom ROM from the link.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Transfer the Files to Device internal or external storage.
- Reboot it into Recovery mode go to Tools > Updater > press Menu key and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’.
- In recovery select Wipe option and then tick the Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache from the next page.
- Swipe the Swipe to wipe button at bottom of the Screen.
- Now return to main menu and select the Install options.
- Navigate to the Custom ROM zip file and select it, then swipe the button at bottom to flash it.
- Return to main menu and select the Reboot option to reboot the device.
Your device is now updated to Android Marshmallow with help of AOSP Custom ROM. To check the status go to Settings > About Device.