In this guide checkout how to update Micromax Canvas A1 Lollipop firmware by going through the manual process of updating.
Android One smartphones are promised to get the future Android update for 18 months although they are powered with 4.4 Kitkat out of box. The Android 5.0 update for Canvas A1 was schedule for Q1, 2015 release but for those people who doesn’t like to wait can pull off something amazing by following our guide mentioned below to flash Lollipop on Micromax Android One manually.
The Canvas A1 Android 5.0 update is only possible because of the Cyanogen MOD team which has come up with Android 5.0 build based CM12. Although this is not the official firmware but it’s stable and can be updated.
Preparing Your Phone
- Charge your phone to 100% battery life.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going through Settings.
- Also backup of your phone’s important data is necessary.
- Your Micromax Canvas A1 phone should be rooted. If not rooted, follow the process of rooting Canvas A1.
- Also ensure that CWM Phillz Recovery is installed on your phone.
Canvas A1 Lollipop Update
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Boot your phone in the Recovery mode. Press the Volume Down button and the Power button together at once.
- Once you are through the recovery you should know that the Volume Up/Down are used for to scroll through the options and Power button is used to select the highlighted option.
- From the Recovery Menu select Advance and select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and also do “WiFi Data/Factory Reset”.
- Comeback to Main menu and then hit “Install Zip from SD card”.
- Now select “Choose ZIP from SD card” and then select ROM file.
- Go back and repeat the process for Google Apps.
- Now hit Reboot Now button.
The official Over the Air update will be soon available as for unexpected reasons this has been delayed.