Motorola has already announced the names of the device which will be getting the update for the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow but unfortunately Moto E 2015 is not in the list.
So, for not disappointing the users of Moto E 2015 Android developers from XDA developer forum squid2 have found a way to update Moto E to Android 6.0 Marshmallow though CyanogenMod based Custom Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 update.
So, the user who wants to try out the new feature of latest Android Marshmallow, you have to download the Custom ROM and flash it in your device.
Now, to install the CyanogenMod Custom ROM CM13 all you need to do is follow this steps:
Preparing your Phone:
- Charge Moto E phone to 100% battery level.
- Backup the important data present on your phone.
- Phone should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM must be installed on the device.
- A working USB cable is required.
- USB drivers for Moto E 2015 should be installed on the computer.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled, go to Settings>Developer options>USB debugging mode.
Install CyanogenMod CM13 based Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Moto E:
- Download CyanogenMod CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM from here.
- Download Gapps file from here.
- Transfer the file to phones internal storage where it can be easily located.
- Switch off the phone Reboot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power Key.
- Perform Wipe Data/Factory reset, Wipe Dalvik Cache, operations by selecting appropriate option from recovery menu.
- In the main menu select the Install option and navigate to the ROM file and flash it.
- In the same way flash the Gapps file also.
- Return to main menu and select the Reboot option.
Phone will now reboot and the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow based custom ROM will be installed on the device. To check the status go to Settings>About device.