As you may know that it might take time for the Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop to be available for Moto X 2013. But there's nothing to get upset as we have a good news for those who owns Moto X users who are eager to experience the new Android 5.1 Lollipop on their Moto X without waiting for the Stock Android 5.1 Lollipop to be released by the company.
This Custom ROM is designed by the famous CyanogenMod Android developers, this Custom ROM comes with all the features of the Android 5.1 Lollipop.
So, if you are not willing to wait for the Stock Android to be available for updating your Moto X, here are the steps to install this Custom Android 5.1 Lollipop by CyanogenMod.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Moto X users, please do not try on other devices.
- Your device should be rooted and its boot loader must be unlocked.
- Your device must be installed with Custom recovery tool like CWM or TWRP.
- Phone's battery must be fully charged to avoid interruption.
- USB for Moto X must be installed on computer.
- Backup entire phone data for feature use.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, if active skip this step.
Moto X Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM
Steps to be followed for updating Moto X to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Custom ROM file for Moto X here.
- Download the Google app's for Moto X from here.
- Connect the Phone to computer through working USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files to phone's internal storage.
- Disconnect the device from computer and Switch it off.
- Reboot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Home and Power button.
- Backup the data ones more in Recovery mode by selecting Backup data/ Restore data option.
- Now perform a full system data wipe by selecting Wipe data/ Factory reset option.
- Then perform a cache wipe by selecting Wipe cache partition option in the recovery menu.
- Now perform Dalvik cache wipe by selecting particular option.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Choose the Zip file from the phone storage downloaded earlier and Flash it.
- After installing Custom ROM install Google app's in same manner.
- After finishing installation of both files return to main recovery menu.
- Now reboot the system by selecting Reboot System Now.
Note: Use Volume keys to navigate and home button to select an option in recovery menu.
First boot may take several minutes so lay back and allow the boot to complete.
After finishing the boot your phone will be running on Android 5.1 Lollipop, to check the status go to Settings > About phone.