The best ever budget phone, Motorola Moto E throws out many smartphone not only in terms of specifications but also in ability to see through latest firmware. The interested Moto E developers at XDA has come up with Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and it happens to be custom firmware. If Custom ROM happens to be your taste, then follow the process mentioned below to update Moto E to Kitkat 4.4.4 firmware via the SlimKat ROM.
Preparing Your Phone
- Moto E should have bootloaders unlocked.
- Furthermore it’s required to have TWRP installed on your device.
- Install the Moto E USB drivers.
- Charge your phone to atleast 60% battery life.
- Backup of your existing firmware is needed.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
Moto E Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Update
Moto E can be ported with 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware SlimKat ROM as mentioned below –
- Download Moto E SlimKat ROM.
- Download Latest version of Slim GApps and Addons.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to PC.
- Transfer the downloaded package ROM file to your phone storage.
- Now open command prompt on your PC so that Moto E boots in Recovery Mode. You can do it by opening the command prompt and enter the following command –
adb reboot recovery
- Tap on Wipe and then check boxes the following
- Roll back to TWRP recovery menu and then click on Install.
- Browse the location of Moto E 4.4.4 Kitkat file.
- Now start the process by hitting the slide button at the top.
- Once done, tap on Reboot and then System.
You have updated your Motorola Moto E phone with the latest 4.4.4 Kitkat based custom ROM.
Via: XDA thread