Motorola Moto E Duel XT1022 has just got a new custom ROM by the name of CandySix. This is an Android Marshmallow based custom ROM to update your device to latest Android version.
This custom ROM is in its initial stage of development so it is not advisable that you flash this ROM for daily run. But if you are an Android enthusiast who like flash new custom packages and tweak the device according to you.
So, now let us move forward and learn about how you can flash this ROM on your device. Make sure as this is a custom ROM it might have some bugs. So, it is advisable that you back up your data and make Nandroid back up of current ROM.
Follow the steps mentioned below very carefully or you may end up by bricking your device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Motorola Moto E Duel XT1022 phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Moto E USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Candy Six Android Marshmallow custom ROM
- Download the Candy Six custom ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and select all the options given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 9-11).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About device > Android version.