Motorola Razr XT910 is about to taste the flavor of the CyanogenMod’s CM13 Nightly custom ROM. The best custom ROM from the best Android developer is now available for the device. Android enthusiast can get this ROM flashed on their device and unlock the features of the your device which are not accessible otherwise.
You can get the update from the link provided in the description and then follow the steps mentioned to flash it on your Motorola device. Once you flash the ROM you can get hands on many custom apps and tweak your device as you like it to be. You will also get access to advanced custom features not supported by the official stock ROM.
So, now let us move forward and have a look at the procedure on how you can flash this ROM on your device. Make sure as this custom ROM is in the initial stage of development so it might have some bugs. So, it is advisable that you back up your data and make Nandroid back up of current ROM.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Motorola Razr XT910 mobile phone, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install device USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back-up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Root your device and install custom recovery on it if not done already.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install CyanogenMod CM13 Nightly ROM
- Download the CM13 Nightly Android Marshmallow ROM from here.
- Download the Google App’s for Android Marshmallow from here.
- Download TWRP custom recovery and install it if not done already.
- Connect the device to computer and transfer the ROM file and Google App’s file to your device storage.
- Disconnect the device and turn it off completely.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Down + Power key for few seconds.
- When in recovery mode tap on Wipe tab and Select the options like Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data given under it.
- Now, confirm the wipe action by swiping the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, return to main menu and tap on Install tab.
- Locate the ROM file stored on you device and Select it.
- Swipe the button at the bottom to flash the ROM file on your device.
- In the same way flash the Google App’s on your device (step 9-11).
- Return to main menu and tap on Reboot.
- System will now reboot in normal mode.
That’s all you can now check the device Android version in Settings > About Device > Android version.