Check the guide on how you can unlock Nexus 5 bootloader aka Nexus 5 bootloaders unlock guide.
Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 Kitkat are officially by Android very recently. After so many tips, tricks, guide on how to root, screenshot help, here we have gone through process on how you can unlock bootloaders on Nexus 5 phone.
XDA Developers are too quick to come out with bootloaders unlock method and they have done for Nexus 5 as well.
Bootloaders Unlocking on Nexus 5
Follow the process mentioned below to unlock bootloaders -
- Download the CF Auto Root package for Nexus 5.
- After you shut down the Nexus 5, boot it in bootloader mode by pressing and holding the power button simultaneously and volume up / down button.
- And then change the "START" by pressing the volume up button when it is displayed as "Recovery mode" after startup. Connect Nexus 5 to PC using USB cable.
- Run the following command to start the command prompt on the PC.
fsatboot oem unlock
- Now follow the on-screen instructions.
- Just to let you know, in Recovery Mode Volume Rockers keys are used to navigate among options and Power button is used to select the highlighted option.
Via XDA Forums