TWRP recovery is one among the Custom recovery tool which does not come installed on your device, you need to install it manually at your own risk. The version of TWRP we have is the first build for OnePlus X device so it may have some instability and some features may also be missing.
This recovery tool has many features like Installing Custom ROMs, Installing Google apps files, or flashing SuperSU file for rooting, you can use the TWRP for Wiping data, Dalvik Cache, Partitions Cache, etc. Among this functions there many advanced features present in the tool.
To install this recovery on your device you need to have unlocked bootloader. We have a guide for unlocking bootloader which you can follow to unlock your device bootloader easily.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for OnePlus X device.
- Back up all important data to an external storage.
- Device Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Install USB drivers of OnePlus X on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Battery of your phone should be fully charged.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to install TWRP on OnePlus X
- Download TWRP recovery image file on your PC and extract it on desktop.
- Also accept Always allow from this computer when you plug-in the device for first time to enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your device and disconnect it from PC.
- Now, reboot the device into Bootloader or Fastboot mode (press and hold Volume Down + Power button for 5-6 seconds).
- Connect your device when you see bootloader screen on it.
- Navigate to recovery file location i.e is on Desktop and rename it to recovery.img.
- In the folder where you have recovery.img file hold shift key and right-click mouse button and then select Open command prompt here.
- To check device connectivity give the following command:
- To flash custom recovery TWRP give following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- To verify that TWRP is install you need to boot into recovery mode. So, give following command:
fastboot boot recovery.img
You can also boot your device by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power key to enter Recovery mode.
Custom recovery is now installed on your device, so now you can flash custom ROMs, back up data, wipe data, etc.
Thank you for reading the article.