Panasonic Smart Camera CM1 which came up with Android 4.4 Kitkat version out of box, is now ready for the Lollipop update as company has just released the newest software to the phone. This update is available for manual flashing for those who owns Panasonic Lumix CM1 camera. This procedure however doesn’t require any PC Suite and are quite easy.
Once this Android 5.0 Lollipop update to Panasonic Lumix CM1 is applied software version on your device will be 12.0274 moving from 11.0761 on Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Preparing Your Camera
- We recommend to fully charge your handset before proceeding.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging is ticked.
- This process is only applicable to Panasonic Smart Camera CM1 but not to any other phone.
CM1 Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Manual Process
- Before actually proceeding, you should check for the current version on the device. It should be 11.0761. If it is other than that, then read here on how to update CM1 to 11.0761.
- Download the Panasonic CM1 Android 5.0 Package to your PC. It’s a dat file costing 566 MB of space.
- Move the downloaded file to your phone’s micro SD card.
- From your Home Screen hit Settings.
- Now go to About Phone and then hit System Updates.
- Now click on Update from MicroSD card.
- Click on OK.
- Now select the download package file.
- DMC-CM1 will start flashing now with latest Android version.
- Once the update is applied your phone will restart automatically.
So, that’s it. Your Panasonic Lumix Smart Camera is now updated with Android 5.0 Lollipop.