Micromax Yu Yureka phone running on Cyanogenmod OS 11 can now be upgraded to MIUI 6. Although Cyanogemod is better but MIUI is much better than Cyanogenmod. MIUI has awesome features compared to CM 11 and it also comes with Google apps preloaded in ROM itself so you need not download it separately. So, just give a try to MIUI v6 to get a better experience on your YU Yureka device.
So if you anxious to give this custom OS a shot just follow this below mentioned steps.
Preparing Your Yu Yureka
- Device should be rooted and its boot loader should be unlocked.
- Device should be running recovery tool like CWM or TWRP. So install it on your Yu Yureka phone.
- Device battery must be fully charged, i.e., 100% battery life is required.
- Backup the important data that you have on your phone.
- Install the USB drivers for phone on computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode).
Update Micromax Yu Yureka to MIUI 6
steps to be followed for upgrading the device.
- Dwonload the MIUI 6 Custom ROM file on computer from here.
- Connect the device to computer though USB cable.
- Transfer the the MIUI 6 Custom ROM file to device internal storage.
- Switch off and disconnect the device from computer.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode (Use Volume up key and power button to do this).
- Use volume key to navigate in recovery menu and power button to select an option.
- Backup the entire device data before performing any other operations in recovery mode.
- Perform a full system wipe by selecting Wipe data/ Factory reset option.
- Do a Cache wipe by selecting the Wipe cache partition from menu.
- Now perform a Dalvik wipe by choosing Wipe Dalvik Cache option recovery menu.
- After that return to main recovery menu and select Install Zip from SD card.
- Choose the zip file downloaded and transferred to device storage.
- Install the ROM from that file.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Reboot system now from menu.
- Wait for the reboot to complete.
NOTE: First boot may take some time as it is a large ROM so be patient and allow the Boot to complete.
Your device will now be reunning on the all new MIUI 6 OS, you can check the staus in Settings > About phone.