Guide on how to Restore Amazon Fire HD 10 to Stock firmware.
Android enthusiasts like to tweak their device with newly launched custom packages or other applications that are actually not permitted by the manufacturer. But during this process due to insufficient information or knowledge of what the custom file will do to your device they end up with their device bricked or some other software errors.
At that time all need is to restore your device stock firmware. To revert your device back to stock firmware you will have to download the stock firmware file and then flash it using ADB and Fastboot.
When you flash this ROM your device will be restored back to latest available stock firmware. You can also get the OTA update which is now available for the 5th Gen Amazon Fire HD 10 or you can manually revert the device to stock firmware by following the description below.
Let us now discuss the procedure how you can restore the device to stock firmware.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Amazon Fire HD 10, do not try it on other device or you may brick your device.
- Make sure your device is fully charged up to 100%.
- Back up all the important data to an external storage.
- Make a nandroid back up of the ROM.
- Set up ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Also install the Amazon Fire HD 10 USB drivers on your device.
- Allow Oem unlock from the developer options if available.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Restore Amazon Fire HD 10 to Stock firmware
- Make sure you have setup ADB and Fastboot environment on your PC.
- Download the firmware package.
- Place the firmware file in the same directory where the ADB is installed.
- Power off the device, do not connect with PC yet.
- Reboot the device into stock recovery. To do so, press and hold volume down and the power button for 5-6 seconds
- Select the stock recovery option in next screen which will boot you into the recovery.
- Once into the stock recovery, tap on the option Apply update from ADB.
- Now connect your device to the PC using a USB cable.
- Open ADB and Fastboot folder where you have installed it, then hold shift key and right-click mouse button and select open command prompt here.
- Now, give the following command to check the device connectivity.
- To install the firmware give the following command.
- Make sure you type the last keyword of command exactly same or rename the firmware file to simple name and then type the name.
- Wait till the installation completes and then reboot the system.