Android One user who have updated their device to new Android 6.0 Marshmallow might have lost their Root access [Update Process here]. If you are the one among them who have lost your root access from the device, do not worry as we are going to help you to re root your device which are now running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
If you are looking to root any of the Android One phones, just follow the below mentioned steps.
Preparing your Phone
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP must be installed on the device.
- Backup all of your important data on the device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Charge your device to 100% battery level.
Root Android One phones on Android Marshmallow:
- Download Zeus Kernel from here.
- Download SuperSU.zip from here.
- Transfer the files to device internal or external storage where it can be located easily.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and power key.
- Select install option in recovery menu and navigate to Root file and SuperSu file one after other and select the files to flash it.
- Reboot the device after flashing both files.