The Asus ZenFone 2E as sold by AT&T is a prepaid phone and the root of the device has now been achieved.
The Asus ZenFone 2E GoPhone with a 5-inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels. The smart phone has Intel's Atom Z2560 (dual-core processor 1.6 GHz), 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, microSD card support, and a 2200 mAh battery. The ZenFone 2E also has 8 MP rear camera with LED flash, and a 2 MP front camera.
Now let us talk about Rooting Asus ZenFone 2E GoPhone, rooting your device will give access to many custom features like installing Custom Root apps, flashing custom ROMs, flashing custom recovery tools and many other features.
So, to root your Asus ZenFone 2E GoPhone all you need to do is follow this below mentioned steps.
Preparing your Phone:
- Phone should be fully charged.
- Back up all the important data to some external storage.
- Perform Nandroid back up for the ROM, so that it can be restored in case of failure.
- Device bootloader must be unlocked.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled. Go to Settings > Developers options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root Asus ZenFone 2E
Follow the process mentioned below to achieve root access on ZenFone 2E
- Download Fastboot from here, extract and install the file on your computer.
- Download the Pre Rooted image for your Asus Zenfone from here and extract it on desktop.
- Rename the file to system.img.
- Connect your Asus Zenfone to your computer
- On your PC open a command prompt window in Fastboot folder (press and hold Shift keyboard key and right-click for selecting “Open Command Prompt Window Here”).
- In the cmd window type the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
adb flash system system.img
NOTE: Wait for the process to complete after entering each command.
That’s it wait till your Asus Zenfone 2 reboots automatically. Your device will now be rooted you can check the status by downloading the root checker app from the google store.