If you have a Cricket Wireless purchased Galaxy S5 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS on it then you can easily root the device with this tutorial. Make sure the device is running on Android Lollipop if not is necessary that you first update the device to Android Lollipop. The procedure given is very easy to understand without any complications. So, if you are one of the user of Cricket Galaxy S5 phone you can root your device from here.
After rooting you can tweak your phone, you can unroot it if you want to, you can overclock or under clock your CPU to make your phone and also do many such features. But before you start with the procedure the manufacturer of your device do not support this action therefore once you root the device its warranty will void.
Let us now go ahead and have look at the procedure for rooting.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900AZ, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Galaxy S5 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Cricket
- Download CF-Auto Root zip file for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900AZ from here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and Blue or Yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can now disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.
So that complete the process of Rooting Cricket Wireless Galaxy S5 smartphone. Do let us know if you have any comments.