Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge are said to be running on single processor type on all their variants. As the device will be running same processor on all of their variants it will be easy and simple to install Mods and Custom ROM on different models of Samsung Galaxy just alike.
In this tutorial we will help you on how to root your Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge using CF- Auto Root. But the good news is that you can Root any of the below mentioned models using this tutorial as they are running on same type of processor.
So, if you are the owner of any of this listed models of Samsung Galaxy S6 or Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and are wiling to root their new Samsung Galaxy device to enjoy all the Privilege of Rooted device and also installing TWRP recovery tool.
Note: Do not install or Flash TWRP recovery tool on Verizon and AT&T models of Samsung Galaxy S6 or Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- SM-G920F (International European)
- SM-G920I (International/Asia India, Singapore, Australia, US, Latin America, etc.)
- SM-G9200 (China Dual SIM)
- SM-G9208 (China)
- SM-G9209 (China)
- SM-G920K (Korea)
- SM-G920L (Korea)
- SM-G920S (Korea)
- SM-G920P (Sprint)
- SM-G920T (T-Mobile)
- SM-G920R4 (US Cellular)
- SM-G920W8 (Canadian)
Preparing Your Phone
- Backup the phone data before beginning.
- Charge your phone battery up to 100% (Fully charged).
- Install the USB drivers for your device on computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > click USB debugging.
- Working USB cable is required.
Rooting and Installing TWRP on Samsung S6 and S6 Edge:
To root your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge and Install TWRP tool follow the below mentioned steps.
- Download Odin tool latest version here.
- Download TWRP recovery tool (with .tar extension).TWRP for S6 models and TWRP for Sprint model of S6
- Download latest SuperSU flashable file here.
- Connect your S6 or S6 Edge to computer and transfer the SuperSU file to phone memory.
- Now switch off the device and reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time for few seconds.
- A warning message will be shown on the screen to continue further press Volume Up key.
- Unzip the Odin file downloaded earlier on the computer and launch Odin.
- Connect the device back to computer.
- Odin will auto detect the device and COM port will be activated.
- Click on AP button in Odin window and select the TWRP recovery file from the computer downloaded earlier.
- Now click on Option tab and Uncheck Auto reboot option.
- Click on start button to begin the installation.
- Pass message will be shown after finishing the installation.
- Disconnect the device from computer and hold Volume Down + Power keys at same time for about 7-10 seconds.
- As the screen turns off quickly press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power keys before the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo appears.
- As the logo appears release the power key but keep holding the Volume Up and Home keys till greetings message is displayed on-screen.
- TWRP recovery window will appear, click on Install in the menu.
- Navigate and select SuperSU file from the device.
- Confirm the installation by sliding button.
- After finishing installation return to main menu and select Reboot > System
Your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge is now rooted with TWRP recovery tool installed on it. To check the rooted status download the Root Checker app from the Google Play store.