In this guide check out how to root Galaxy S8 Active on AT&T.
Congratulations on your purchase of the recent Galaxy S8 Active smartphone. It’s a wonderful smartphone and you will love using it. Many people seek Galaxy S8 Active root to get access to internal files of an Android operating system and modify them. Many apps require root access and people do so in order to install those root required apps, or install Custom ROM on the device.
Before Rooting Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
Before you proceed, ensure the following things on your device –
- Back up your Galaxy S8 Active phone data.
- You should have Developer Options enabled. Go to Settings > About Phone > Software info and tap on Build number five times.
- From Developer Options, you need to enabled OEM unlock.
- Also enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options, USB Debugging is the option to go.
- If any bootloaders, unlock it first.
- Also make sure that OEM Unlock is enabled.
- Ensure that your device is fully charged.
Root Galaxy S8 Active
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download and install the Galaxy S8 Active USB drivers on your computer.
- First download the latest version of the Odin file and install it on your computer.
- Unzip the Chainfire Zip Drive and retrieve the .tar.md5 file on your PC.
- Turn off your phone and enter it into download mode. You can do that by holding the Volume Down + Bixby and Power button simultaneously until you see the Construction Android Robot sign.
- Open Odin on your PC and connect the device to it using USB cable.
- In the Odin, select AP or PDA tab and select the previously download .tar.md5 file that you have got from the CF Auto Root.
- Make sure that options like Auto Root and F Reset Time are selected.
- Press Start button to initiate the process.
- When the root is done, you will get PASS message and also the ID:COM will turn Green.
- That’s it. The Galaxy S8 Active root is now completed.
Do let us know if you face any issues. In most cases, it solved by repeating the process again.