In this guide checkout how to root Huawei Honor 5X smartphone on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Here we come again with another root guide, today we will learn how to root Huawei Honor 5X running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Huawei Honor 5X is low-budget smart phone with many features. If you are owner of Huawei Honor 5X and willing to root your device then you are at the right place.
Today in this guide we will show you step by step procedure to root your Honor 5X device. But before we start with the actual procedure you need to unlock your device bootloader and install custom recovery on it. Here we have a guide for unlocking bootloader and installing custom recovery on it. Once you get this things done then you can proceed towards the procedure to root your device.
Also we would remind you that once you root your device you void your device warranty. It is not advisable to root your device if you are unaware of it functions and features or your may brick your device completely. Follow the procedure carefully, if anything goes wrong you will be the only person responsible.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for Huawei Honor 5X, do not try it on other devices or you will brick the device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%
- Install Honor 5X drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the necessary data to external storage restore it later.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM.
- Device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP should be installed on the device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root Huawei Honor 5X
- Download the SuperSu.zip file latest version from here.
- Transfer the file to your device root storage.
- Turnoff the device and reboot it into TWRP recovery mode. Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Key for few seconds.
- Make a back up of every thing in recovery mode by selecting Back up option in the menu.
- Wipe cache from the device by tapping on Wipe option and selecting the required options in next screen.
- Now tap on Install tab and navigate to SuperSU.Zip file stored in the device root storage.
- Select the file and flash it on the device.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Reboot the device once the process completes.
- This will flash the SuperSu file and root the device.
- Confirm the root status by downloading and installing root checker app from Google Play Store