In this guide checkout how to root Lenovo Vibe K5 smartphone and steps on how to install the CWM Recovery.
Lenovo Vibe K5 is the latest smartphone addition done by the company in the Vibe series. The Vibe K5 is one of the most affordable phone available in most countries worldwide and if you are looking for further development, then here we have come up with Rooting guide and steps on how to install the CWM Recovery on the device.
Actually the whole credit goes recognized XDA member Shreps to who has come up with this rooting guide with CWM installation.
Preparing Your Phone
- This guide works for Lenovo Vibe K5 with model number as A6020a40, A6020i36 and A6020a46. Don’t try this method on any other phones apart from the above mentioned.
- You should fully charge your handset.
- Backup of your data is very important. So take it by method that you known very well.
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going through Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM unlocking by going through Settings.
Download the Lenovo USB Drivers
Download SuperSU and copy it your phone internal storage.
Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers
Install Custom Recovery on Lenovo Vibe K5
- Open the Minimum ADB and Fastboot Folder.
- From Minimum ADB and fastboot open “py_cmd.exe”. This will open kind of command prompt for you.
- Connect your Vibe K5 smartphone using the USB cable provided along with the PC.
- In the Py_CMD.exe command prompt, type the following –
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will be now rebooted in bootloader mode.
- Then type
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Then do this command
- That’s how you can install CWM Recovery on your device.
In the next we will show you how to Root Lenovo Vibe K5 phone.
Root Lenovo Vibe K5
Half of the job is done with the installation of CWM Recovery. So just following the below mentioned steps to root Vibe K5 phone –
- Boot Lenovo Vibe K5 phone in the CWM Recovery mode by pressing the Volume UP + Volume Down + Power button together at once.
- Now you will have the device in CWM Recovery mode with menu options visible to you.
- Now select Install ZIP from SD card and then choose the SuperSU.zip from the file that you have downloaded.
- Find the Super SU app in the app drawer.
So your Lenovo Vibe K5 is now rooted.
XDA Thread Link