Rooting Android devices now days has become a trend. Every one is finding a way to root their devices and why not, if you get root access on your device you can get many good Custom apps, Custom ROMs installed on your devices.
LG G4 can also get the root access by rooting the device with Root Kernel which contains SuperSU along with busybox and init.d support. This is stoke kernel base software for Android Marshmallow launched recently.
This kernel is flash-able zip file which can be flashed with the help of the TWRP recovery or any other Custom Recovery tools.
NOTE: This kernel is only for the international version of LG G4 with model number being H815.
Procedure to Root LG G4 on Android Marshmallow
- Download the AutoRoot Kernel from here.
- Connect your device to computer though USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the internal or external storage of the phone.
- Turn off the phone.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power Key for few seconds.
- Now back up the data on phone by selecting Backup option from the recovery menu and swipe the swipe to back up option at the bottom.
- Now select Install option from recovery menu and navigate to the AutoRoot kernel file downloaded from above link.
- Select the file and Swipe button that says Swipe to Flash.
- Return to main recovery menu and select the Reboot option from it and Swipe the Swipe to Reboot button.
That is it your device is now rooted and to check the status you can download the Root Checker app from the Google Play store.