MediaPad X2 can be rooted easily without any complicated procedure. So, if a are one of the user of MediaPad X2 phone you can root your device from here by following the below mentioned steps.
After rooting you will get SuperSU app which is a superuser manager app developed by Chainfire, it give root permissions on your device once it’s rooted. In this guide we are going to use ADb & Fastboot method for rooting the device. After root you can have the root features available like flashing custom ROMs, install custom Recovery and many other features also.
TWRP recovery is one among the Custom recovery tool which does not come pre-installed on your device you need to install it manually at your own risk. This recovery tool has many features like Installing Custom ROMs, Installing Google apps files, or flashing SuperSU file for rooting, you can use the TWRP for Wipe data, Dalvik Cache, Partitions Cache, etc. Among this functions there many advanced features present in the tool.
To install this Recovery you need to have Bootloader of your device unlocked.
Preparing your MediaPad X2 phone:
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed on PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case the new version does not work properly you can restore it.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei MediaPad X2
Here in this guide checkout how to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei MediaPad X2 –
- Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers from the link given above.
- Extract the ADB and Fastboot files on desktop.
- Click py_cmd.exe file to open Command prompt window.
- Type the following commands one by one:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The recovery is now flashed but the language is not English. So, to change the language follow this steps.
- Download TWRP recovery theme folder.
- Rename the downloaded folder to ui.zip.
- Create a new folder in your device internal storage named as “TWRP”. Inside the TWRP folder, create another folder named as “theme”
- Copy ui.zip file to theme folder.
- Boot the device in recovery mode it will now be in English.
Procedure to Root your MediaPad X2 Phone:
- Download and transfer the SuperSU zip file from the download link to your device internal or external storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons, mostly Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Now click on “Install” and select the SuperSU zip file.
- Now swipe “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of screen to begin the process.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Now select “Reboot System” option from the main recovery menu.
That is it root process is now completed you can check the status by downloading the Root Checker app from the Google play store.