Motorola Moto G 2014 is one of the lucky devices to get Android Lollipop update much early than other flagship phones. After updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop, root access on your existing Moto G phone will be gone and you will again need to regain it.
Once you have root access on Moto G 2014 edition you will be able to do this –
- Remove pre-installed apps on your phone which are pre-installed
- Free up storage space on your device
- Increase battery life on you device
- Increases performance
- You can install apps which requires Admin access
- Install custom ROM/firmware
- Tons of other customizations
Preparing Your Phone
- On your phone ensure that USB debugging is enabled.
- Battery life on your device should be greater than 60%.
- Backup of important data of your phone is must.
Moto G Rooting Process
- Download the corresponding files – CF-Root for XT1063ORCF-Root for XT1068ORCF-Root for XT1068 (titan_retde)
- Extract the CF-Root file.
- Also download Fastboot on your device.
- Also you should have CWM Phiz Touch Recovery installed on your device.
- You should reboot your phone in the bootloader mode and for that you should first turn off your device.
- Once the device is off completely, press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button together at once for few seconds.
- Plug your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Double click on the root-windows.bat file which is seen on your desktop.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once that is done, download Busybox from Play Store.
- Your device will now be rooted.