Samsung Galaxy A8 A8000 running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop can be rooted easily without any complicated procedure. So, if you are one of the user of Samsung Galaxy A8 phone you can root your device from here. If your device is not running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, you first need to update the device to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Before you begin let us tell you that Rooting your phone will void your warranty. After rooting you can tweak your phone, You can unroot it if you want to, You can overclock or under clock your CPU to make your phone and also do many such features.
Let us now go ahead and have look at the procedure for rooting.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Samsung Galaxy A8 A8000 variant, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Galaxy A8 A8000 USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy A8 A8000
- Download CF-Auto Root zip file for Samsung Galaxy A8 A8000 from here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can now disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.