Hey guys if you are using Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P variant running on Android Lollipop then you are about learn a simple and easy method of getting root access on your device. To get root access on your S5 Sport all you need is a Kernel file and Odin to flash the Kernel file and you are all done.
Once you root your device you can get hands on many advanced feature of Android Operating system. You can do system level customization on the device which is basically not possible if you do not have root access on the device.
So, if you want to experience some advanced features of your Android OS then go head root your device by following the procedure below. But keep in mind that once the device is rooted, warranty will be void. Moreover you can not undo the process unless you flash Stock firmware.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P variant, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Galaxy S5 Sport USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport
- Download Root zip file for Sprint Galaxy S5 Sport from here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can now disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.