Hello friends here we have come up with other root tutorial this time it's for the T-Mobile Galaxy Avant SM-G386T. Avant is July 2014 device which was launched in the market with Android Kitkat and later the device was updated to Android Lollipop. Today we will discuss how to root T-Mobile Galaxy Avant SM-G386T in a simple and easy way.
If you are Avant user and looking forward to root your device then you are at the right place. But before you carry on with the procedure let us assure you that once you root your device your device warranty will void and if you make any mistake during the process you will be the solo responsible if anything goes wrong with the device.
So, now let us go ahead have a look at the procedure and few other steps that need to followed before you start the actual procedure.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for T-Mobile Galaxy Avant, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged.
- Install Galaxy Avant USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root T-Mobile Galaxy Avant
- Download CF-Auto Root zip file for T-Mobile Galaxy Avant SM-G386T from here.
- Download the Odin from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 Kernel file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the device from PC.
Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.