The latest software updates are always welcomed and if you have updated your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 or even the Galaxy S6 Edge with the latest firmware i.e., Android 5.1.1 and want to root your handset, then follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Samsung USB Drivers (Click Here)
- Odin v3.10.6
- SuperSu v2.49
- Auo’s v4 kernel
- Auo’s TWRP v12
T-Mobile Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Root
Follow the guide if you want to achieve root using the UniKernel –
- Install the Samsung USB drivers.
- Put your phone in the download mode which can be done by pressing the Power button and the Volume Down button and also the home button together for few seconds. Ensure that device is switched off first.
- Plug your phone to computer using USB cable.
- Open Odin and you will see the phone’s modem port highlighted in blue.
- CLick on the BL tab and then correct the sboot.bin that you have downloaded above.
- Now click on Start button.
- When phone comes back on, Power off it again and put it into download mode.
- Open Odin again and this time select AP tab and select the UniKernel file.
- Now click on Start to begin the process.
- That will achieve root on your phone. Knox hasn’t been tripped.
Root + TWRP Recovery Installation Procedure
Follow the guide if you want to achieve root using the AUO’s Kernel –
- Install the Samsung USB drivers properly.
- Copy and Paste the SuperSU v2.49 to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now enter your phone in the Download Mode. One can do it by pressing and holding the Volume Down button,
- Home button and the Power button.
- Now plug your phone to computer and let the driver install automatically.
- Open Odin and then click on BL tab. Now select sboot.bin file for G925t and then hit Start button.
- When phone is back on, then put back it again in the download mode.
- Open Odin and this time select AP tab.
- Select the Aou’s TWRP file and then hit Start.
- When the phone is ON, again put it into download mode.
- Open Odin and then select AP tab and then select Aou’s v4 Kernel and click on Start.
- When the phone is back on, Unplug the USB connection and then Power of the device.
- Now boot it into recovery mode by hitting the Volume Up + Home and Power button altogether at once.
- When TWRP is open click on Install Tab and then select the SuperSU file, swipe to flash it.
- Reboot the phone to system.
That’s it your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge phone on T-Mobile is now rooted and TWRP recovery mode too is installed with Knox security not been tripped. You just have to follow one procedure -either root or root + TWRP Recovery.