As we know that our mobile phone comes with pre-installed applications of which many are not used at all. So, due to this your phone memory is being occupied unnecessarily. So, you must be thinking of ways to remove this applications so that you can free your device storage capacity. Well this possible, you can now remove unwanted stock applications and free your storage capacity. This is possible only if you have root access on your device and to get root access means to void the device warranty.
Yes if you root your device you will automatically void device warranty. In future is rethink of unrooting the device then you need to flash stock ROM which will wipe out your device data completely. You should go with rooting the phone only if you are aware of all the root features and functions very well.
In this guide you will learn how to root US cellular Galaxy S4 Mini and you can have system level customization features once you root your device. Well if you own a S4 Mini then you can go ahead if you wish to root the device.
Here are some prerequisites followed by the procedure to be followed to root the device.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are only for US Cellular Galaxy S4 Mini device, do not try it on other device.
- Charge the device battery to 100% level.
- Install device USB drivers on your PC.
- Back up all the required data to some external storage to restore it later if necessary.
- Make a Nandroid back up of your ROM to restore it in case of system failure.
- Unlock the device bootloader if not done already.
- Go to developer options and enable Allow OEM unlock
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root US Cellular Galaxy S4 Mini
- Download CF-Auto Root zip file from here.
- Download the Odin latest version from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the Kernel file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can now disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.