How to root Xiaomi MI Max and install TWRP recovery after unlocking bootloaders.
Xiaomi‘s recent launch of MI Max has added yet another dimension to the smartphone screen size and just like Xperia Z Ultra lineup we got to have Xiaomi MI Max range of smartphones. Yes I am talking about Xiaomi MI Max 2 but that is very early to talk about the device because my Mi Max has been just launched. And for those of you who have purchase this 6.44 inch smartphone we got something for you in the development.
Root Xiaomi MI Max
- Adb and fastboot driver here
- Twrp recovery img hydrogen Here
- Adb folder here
- Supersu here
- Mi unlock tools Here
Follow the instructions –
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging by going through Settings.
- Download all the files as mentioned above and extract them to ADB folder.
- Rename TWRP recovery to recovery.img.
- Using ABD drive installer, install all the correct ADB drivers and fastboot drivers.
- Visit here to unlock the MI Max phone.
- Now install Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable in fastboot mode.
- Run the MI Unlock and use the same logins that you did while unlocking the phone.
- Simply now click on RUN and wait for few seconds.
- Now reboot your phone.
- It should be rebooted in fastboot mode again.
- Connect your device to PC and open Command prompt.
- In CMD type the following commands –
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for the device to reboot.
- Now put SuperSU.zip into root of your phone’s SD card storage.
- Now type – adb reboot recovery in command prompt.
- Click Install ZIP from SD card and then choose the SuperSU.zip file.
- Confirm installation.
- Make a full system reboot.
- Root access is now enabled on your device.
Confirm it with any root checker app from Play Store.