Process on how to Root Yu Yunique & install TWRP recovery after unlocking boot-loaders.
Yu Yunique is the latest phone launched with high-end features at affordable price. This device come loaded with all the features present in the best Android phone.
Today in this tutorial we will help you with how to root your YU Yunique Phone and get the root access on the phone. So, those who are looking forward to root their device all you need to do is follow this simple steps mentioned below.
Preparing Your Phone
- USB and ADB & Fastboot drivers must be installed on the computer.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- A working USB cable is required.
- Backup all the important data present in the device to some external storage.
- USB debugging should be enabled on the device. To do so go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to unlock the Bootloader
Detailed process is given here, although you can follow this -
- Download the USB drivers and ADB Fastboot drivers from the above given links.
- Connect the device to computer.
- Open the Fastboot folder and Press and hold the shift key and right-click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space.
- Select open command window here.
- In the Command prompt execute the following commands to unlock the boot loader:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock-go
fastboot oem device-info
- That's it your device bootloader is now unlocked.
Procedure to Install TWRP on Yu Yunique device:
- Download the TWRP recovery file from here.
- Rename the file to twrp.img and copy it inside the Fastboot folder.
- Open command prompt in fastboot folder as explained earlier.
- Reboot the device into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and power key.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- In fastboot mode type the following commands:
fastboot flash twrp.img
- TWRP is now installed on the device.
Procedure to Root Yu Yunique Phone
- Download the SuperSU.zip file for Yu Yunique from here.
- Transfer the file to internal or external storage of the device where it can be easily located.
- Turn off the device.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up and Power key for few seconds.
- Select install option from the recovery menu.
- Navigate to the SuperSu.zip file where you have stored it.
- Select the file and swipe the screen to install it on your device.
- Reboot the device by selecting Reboot option from the recovery menu.
The device is now rooted and TWRP recovery is installed on it. You can check the root status by using Root Checker app from the Google Play store.