Samsung Galaxy A8 can be rooted easily without any complicated procedure. So, if a are one of the user of Samsung Galaxy A8 phone you can root your device from here by following the below mentioned steps.
After rooting you will get SuperSU app which is a superuser manager app developed by Chainfire, it give root permissions on your device once it’s rooted. In this guide we are going to use SpaceX Kernel for rooting the device. After root you can have the root features available like flashing custom ROMs, install custom Recovery and many other features too.
Before you begin let us tell you that Rooting your phone will void your warranty. After rooting you can tweak your phone, You can unroot it if you want to, You can overclock or underclock your CPU to make your phone and also do many such features.
Preparing your Phone
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to some external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- Device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case rooted version does not work properly you can restore it.
- USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy A8:
- Download the SpaceX Kernel from this link.
- Download Odin tool on your PC from here.
- Reboot the phone into Odin mode by Pressing and Holding Power + Home + Volume down together until you see warning screen.
Press Volume Up key to continue to download mode.
- Open Odin from your desktop.
- Now, connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- When Odin recognize your device Added message will be show in Odin window.
- Click on AP button in Odin.
- Select the SpaceX Kernel file downloaded earlier.
- Re partition check box should not be selected and PIT tab should be left untouched.
- Click the Start button and allow the process to complete.
- Device will reboot automatically.
- A pass message will be shown on Odin window.
If the process is failed due to any reason then you need to repeat the entire process from the beginning.
To check the status of Root you need to Download Root Checker App from the Google Play Store.