There is no official dates whether Samsung Galaxy Express will be updated to the latest version of Android ie., Lollipop. But here we give you one solution through which you can enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Galaxy Express much ahead of many smartphone owners.
The Samsung Galaxy Express Lollipop update is possible via CyanogenMod 12 and this is not the official release by Samsung.
This ROM is valid for only Samsung Galaxy Express with model number as GT-I8730 and it’s not even valid for the SGH-I437. By upgrading to this Android 5.0 Custom Firmware warranty on your device will get void and we doesn’t take any responsibility of bricking your device if you proceed with it.
Before you are ready, you should go through the following mandatory requirements of your device –
Preparing Your Phone
- You should take the backup of all the data which are important present on your device.
- Your phone should be charged to 100% battery life.
- You should have CWM Recovery installed on your device and this means your device should be rooted one.
- Camera (photos)
- RIL(calls and data)
- FM Radio
- Audio playback
- SD card
Bugs (There might be more)
- Camcorder(try other app, it might work)
Follow the process mentioned below –
- Download the Zip files given above.
- Transfer them to the root of your phone SD card.
- Power off your phone.
- You should enter the device in Recovery Mode and the Recovery here is the ClockWorkMod Recovery. On Galaxy Express phone it can be down by pressing the Volume Down button + Power button until you see flashy animation.
- You will be through CWM Recovery Menu.
- Backup data using the given CWM options.
- From the Menu otions select “Advance” and then choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and then hit “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”.
- Come back to Main Menu and then hit “Install Zip from SD card”.
- Now hit “Choose Zip from SD card” and select the ROM file.
- Go back and repeat the process for Google Apps.
- Now hit +++Go Back+++ and then hit Reboot Now.
With that you will see your Galaxy Express phone running on Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
Via : XDA