Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Android Nougat update is possible thanks to CyanogenMOD 14, the CM14 Custom ROM.
November 2013 announced Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7105 is a popular smartphone made by Samsung. It can be upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat but you will have to depend on custom ROM for such stuff. The CyanogenMod team brings out Android Nougat to Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 phone and here is the guide on how to install/update Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 device to Android 7.0 Nougat based CM14 ROM.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Nougat Update
Officially the either Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 G7105 or any other 2014 or 2015 Samsung phone will not receive the Android 7.0 Nougat update. Only selected smartphones by Samsung are in the schedule roll-out. You can go through the list of eligible Samsung smartphones to get the Android 7.0 Nougat update.
The CyanogenMod 14 is one of the best custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy phones and does work on Galaxy Grand 2 phone as well.
CM14 for Galaxy Grand 2 has following features –
- Based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- CyanogenMod themes
- Android 7.0 Nougat Wallpapers / Ringtones
- Gravity box support.
- No, hang and lag problem
- The ROM is smooth
- Much faster than the stock ROM
Your phone should be rooted
You should have TWRP recovery installed on your device
Update Galaxy Grand 2 to Android 7.0 Based CM14 ROM
Follow the process mentioned below
- Download CM14 for Galaxy Grand 2. Also download GApps package.
- Connect phone to PC.
- Transfer the CM14 file to your phone’s SD card.
- Rename CM14.zip to update.zip.
- Turn off device and boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- Backup data using TWRP.
- Perform a Data Wipe. Also wipe out Cache, Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache.
- Flash CM14 file.
- Also flash the GApps.
- Reboot your device using the necessary options.
In some time the Android 7.0 Nougat based CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM will be installed on your Galaxy Grand 2 phone.
Source : XDA