The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 was released few days back and its right now available via Samsung KIES, with OTA update to follow soon. But for those who don’t want to wait for the OTA they can go ahead with the manual installation of this official firmware release by the Korean giant. We have put together a complete update guide for you.
The latest update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is based on the firmware version XXAMB3. In this guide we will be using the ODIN tool to update your phone. Although Odin tool is used, it doesn’t mean that this is not an official release by Samsung. Infact we just use Odin tool to apply this official firmware to your device.
Before updating your device, few things are quite essential, mentioned here –
- Make sure that you have enough battery life left on your device. Suggested one is to charge your phone to up to 100 % and then proceed with the update straightaway.
- You should backup Apps, SMS, Contacts, Gmail, Google Data, Call History, WhatsApps Messages by following any of the methods you use before.
- Don’t use this firmware update if your phone is carrier locked.
- You should have USB Debugging enabled. To enable it, go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and toggle it.
Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy Grand Duos Procedure
Here is the procedure on how you can install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware release on your Galaxy Grand Duos phone -
- Download the Galaxy Grand Duos Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware to your PC and extract the zip file. The file size is around 710 MB.
- Also download the ODIN v1.85 firmware tool on your computer. Install and open the Odin tool.
- Now switch off your phone so that you can enter the phone in download mode. It can be done by press and holding the volume down button + Home button together along with the Power button for few seconds. You will see the Android robot inside a triangle and now leave the buttons. Press Power button to confirm the download mode.
- Connect your phone using the USB cable to the PC, ensure that USB drivers are perfectly installed.
- Successful connection to PC is identified, when you see the ID:COM ports turns yellow.
- Now it’s time to select files accordingly –
- On PDA select the file with CODE in its name.
- On the Phone tab select the file having MODEM in its name. Ignore if not found.
- On CSC select the file which contains CSC in its name. Ignore if this file doesn’t exists.
- On the PIT tab select the .pit file. Ignore if not found.
- Also you should make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected.
- Now click on the Start button to proceed with the installation of the firmware and this will take few minutes to complete.
So with that your Galaxy Grand Duos has been successfully update with the official Android 4.1.2 build XXAMB3 firmware update. You can check for the same by going through Menu > Settings > About Phone. Please consider +1 this or Like this.