As we might know that Galaxy Grand Prime is a mid range phone with very good feature. This phone was launched with the Android version of 4.4.4 Kitkat and later it was updated to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. But as the device was becoming popular it was then updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and that was the end for Android update for now.
Knowing that the device is running on the Android platform the Android enthusiast will like to get their hands on the advanced feature of the device which is not possible with having root access on the device. But once you get root access you can play with the device as you wish to. So, i you own a Grand prime then let us help you with getting root access on the device.
Let us now go ahead and have look at the procedure for rooting.
Preparing your Phone
- This instructions are strictly for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime variants, so do not try it on any other device or you may brick your device.
- Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Install Galaxy Grand Prime USB drivers on your computer.
- Back up all the required data to some safe storage.
- Make a Nandroid back up of the current ROM so that you can restore it when required.
- Make sure the device bootloader is unlocked.
- Enable OEM unlocks under Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Procedure to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Download CF-Auto Root zip file from here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 from here.
- Install Odin on your PC.
- Extract the CF-Auto Root zip file on your desktop.
- Launch Odin from the desktop.
- Tap on PDA or AP button in Odin window and select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted CF-Auto Root file.
- Do not touch any other options in Odin, tick only F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now turn off your mobile and reboot it into Download mode or Odin mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button at the same time.
- Connect the device to PC with Odin open.
- Odin will auto detect the device and blue or yellow indicator will be shown in ID:COM box.
- Once the device is connected click on Start button and wait till the process completes.
- The device will reboot automatically, you can now disconnect the device from PC.
- Check for SuperSU app in the app drawer or download Root Checker app from the Google Play Store to verify the root status.