News for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 users, they can now taste the flavor on their device. This update is not an official update from Google. It is an unofficial custom ROM CM13 developed by CyanogenMod, the famous aftermarket Android developers.
This ROM has all the features of official Android Marshmallow and its AOSP. Flashing this ROM on your device will give you full Marshmallow experience. But make sure your device is rooted and has a custom recovery installed on it. This is necessary to flash any custom package on any Android device.
So, to flash the ROM root your device and install TWRP recovery on it. It must also be noted that once you flash the ROM your device warranty will void and if any damage happens to the device or the software during or after the process, you will be the only person responsible for it.
So, if you agree with all the facts, then here I have provided some early preparations followed by procedure to flash the ROM. Follow them carefully one by one to avoid bricking of the device.
Preparing your Phone
- These instructions are only for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205.
- The Device should be fully charged up to 100%.
- Backup all the important data to any external storage.
- USB drivers for device should be installed on the PC.
- Make a Nandroid backup of the current ROM in case the new version does not work properly you can restore it.
- Custom recovery like TWRP must be installed on the device.
- The Device should be rooted and its bootloader must be unlocked.
- The USB debugging mode should be enabled on the device. Go to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging mode.
Install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy Mega 6.3 Phone
- Download the Android Marshmallow CM13 Unofficial ROM file from here.
- Download the Android Marshmallow Gapps file from here.
- Transfer the Files to Device internal or external storage.
- Turn off the device and reboot it into Recovery mode by using appropriate hardware buttons mostly Volume Down+Home+Power button.
- In recovery select Wipe option and then tick the Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache from the next page.
- Swipe the Swipe to wipe button at bottom of the Screen.
- Now return to the main menu and select the Install options.
- Navigate to the ROM zip file and select it, then swipe the button at bottom to flash it.
- In the same way flash the Gapps file.
- Return to main menu and select the Reboot option to reboot the device.
Your device will now be updated to Android Marshmallow, you can check the version of Android in Settings > About device once the device boots.